Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Something New!!

I finally tried out the machine applique technique from Kim Diehl's book.

It is wonderful to learn something new!! I have tried out many different techniques, but apart from hand applique (which takes a long time) I was never pleased with any of them. Kim Diehl's technique is fabulous. Easy to learn, with excellent results. Even my first sample piece looked good! It involves freezer paper and a small zig-zag with mono filament. I see many more applique projects in my future!



Over at Bountiful Heirlooms there are some wonderful tips for machine applique with this technique. The rest of her blog is pretty wonderful too! Thanks for sharing Nancy. ♥

I finished piecing my Camp Sloanie Olympic Challenge piece today. It is all ready to be machine quilted on Friday night at the Friday Night Sew In! The binding is also all ready to go if I get really ambitious!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by! ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...