Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pinwheels


Today I had the chance to sew!! I worked on my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along, and made the last two blocks.


I worked out the layout on EQ6 (just found out that EQ7 is coming out this summer - you'll never be able to keep up Marie!). The sashing is 3", so the quilt will be 63" square. I decided to add mini pinwheels in the corner blocks. I liked the pinwheels in all the corner blocks not just the center ones like in Rachel's inspirational quilt. I am also using up the leftover scraps of layer cake and making the pinwheels with two colours from the layer cake, not one colour and the background.


7 made and 18 more to go. They will be 3" finished, so I used four 2 3/8" squares to make the half square triangles.

The rest of the pinwheels waiting to be sewn.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...