Friday, October 8, 2010

Two Finishes

I finished making the little kimono wall hanging.

It is almost 9" square. It is the first time I have done this type of project where the three layers are sewn together - right sides together, turned around and then quilted - I loved it - very easy!
So I had to make another!

For this four patch mini quilt I used leftover fabric and blocks from a table runner I made a few years ago. It is 12½" square.

I free motion quilted a small ivy design around the border. I quilted with Invisafil thread.
These will be door prizes for next summers quilt show. A great way to use up little bits of fabric and to practice free motion quilting.

The kimono pattern was designed by Ingrid Machtemes, of Quiltessential Company.
A few years ago I made the quilt that is on my bed, with the kimono block pattern (with the addition of a few "Card Trick" blocks).

This is the last large quilt (91" x 91") I hand quilted (I am working on one I will hopefully finish this winter - although I said the same thing last winter!). It is also the first time I used wool batting for a quilt - which was wonderful to hand quilt.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...