Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Alternating Blocks

Last year when I made Rachel's (p.s. i quilt) Pinwheel quilt I saw pinwheels everywhere.


Now that I am making the Quilt Along quilt, I see quilts with these Alabama Variation blocks everywhere!

Here are some to check out -
from the EQ Blog.
from A Passion for Applique - not quite the same, but I love the look with the Hop to It blocks.
from Sew Karen-ly Created, the blocks are set on point and "scrappy".
from Bountiful Heirlooms - she is making a Lori Smith quilt, I love how the blocks extend into the border.
I saw another one where the blocks seemed to float (the backgrounds of the blocks were the same as the diamonds created by the alternating blocks) - but I can't remember where I saw it.
The Alabama blocks are a great alternating block (even if I do say so myself!!).

There was a beautiful sunset tonight.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...